We are looking for passionate, driven people to join our team here at Minute Magazine! Please note that these are all volunteer positions and staff members are not paid. The following positions are available:
Poetry Editor: Read and comment on 1-3 poetry submissions per week; provide detailed feedback; connect with staff using social media. Prose Editor: Read and comment on 1-2 prose pieces per week; provide detailed feedback; connect with staff using social media. Art Editor: Review 3-5 art submissions per week; contribute artwork to issue covers; provide detailed feedback; connect with staff using social media.
Social Media Manager: Manage Minute Magazine’s Facebook and Twitter pages; expand publicity; promote magazine on personal social media; connect with reader base and partner lit mags
Blog Contributor: Contribute 1-2 blog posts per month on writer’s choosing; interview notable writers; review books and music, etc.
These are the requirements if you wish to apply for a staff position:
- Have good work ethic and able to meet deadlines
- Have some sort of experience with creative writing/editing (Poetry and Prose Editor) or art (Art Editor)
- Can easily communicate with others through email and social media
- Be tech savvy (applies to all positions but mainly for Social Media Liaison)
- Understand the vision behind Minute Magazine and what we are looking to produce and publish
If you would like to join our lovely staff, please apply using the link below: